Thursday, September 17, 2015

Week 2: Day 006 - Bypassing APS Configuration




















So, today I have no Network+ blog entries for you. However, I will tell you about what I have been doing today, cause I haven't been doing nothing haha. Basically, the APS (Arlington Public Schools) configuration systems that they have on each computer is a bit illogical.

To start, they have a password for their student profiles on Windows 7, and won't give it to any of the teachers or staff! I mean, if you want to lower the amount of tickets being submitted, then don't bloody do that! So to end this nonsense we decided to REMOVE the password, using an admin account. This was successful, up until the point where they were being denied login entry into the student account. This was a problem for the last couple of days.

Turns out that the problem was one that I logically solved for them, by deciding to go straight into the "APS Student" login screen and typing nothing and clicking enter. It got me in, and that ended that problem.

So from there, he wanted me and one of my peers to go around the room and install Notepad++ and update Java on all the computers in the room. That took a while with all the restarting we did. In the end, we pretty much did it to all the computers we could, given the fact that testing was being performed in the room.

To conclude, I am thrilled that we were able to fix the issue. In the coming days I will probably do some hands on things, and probably take some screenshots to help. Finally, I will be doing my regular Network+ blog posts probably next time. Until then, Auf Wiedersehn!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work solving the login problem, and thanks for your help with the lab!

    ReplyDelete