Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Week 17: Day 047 - Guide to Installing VirtualBox on CentOS


Today, I finished my last quiz on the Command Line. I'm back here full time. However, today I just wanted to tell you how to install VirtualBox on CentOS. Funny enough, we may not even need it! CentOS comes with something similar to VirtualBox, and its simply called "Boxes". I'll try both of them.

To install VirtualBox on CentOS through Terminal, go to this directory by typing:

cd /etc/yum.repos.d


Add the repository by typing:

wget http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/rpm/rhel/virtualbox.repo


Then you'll want to type this, since I didn't use DKMS:

yum groupinstall "Development Tools" yum install kernel-devel

(Note: If your kernel is updated, then you don't really need to do the second command)

Then finally, for the grand finale... the installation! You must do the honor's and type:

yum search VirtualBox
yum install (Latest Version of VirtualBox)

Then you're done! I hope this guide helped.




    No comments:

    Post a Comment